Thursday, October 17, 2013

Slow Cooker Dulce de leche (Caramel)



This is the easiest thing I have done all day.

This is call Dulce de leche and a lot of people refer to it as caramel.

This is so much better than caramel.

The original recipe called for me to leave it in for 8 hours, but I searched around because I am invited to watch the football game at 5 and I found a recipe that stated different times. I left it in only 5 hours, thank goodness, because it was in the process of being overcooked.

All you need is sweetened condensed milk and a slow cooker.

Take the labels off of the can and fill your slow cooker with water.

I placed a tea towel at the bottom of the slow cooker so that the cans wouldn't scratch the Teflon.

Place the cans in the slow cooker and add more water ensuring the the cans are completely covered with water.

Place your slow cooker on low and cook for five hours.

I transferred mine to a jar and I am letting it cool down just a bit and then I will refrigerate it.

I couldn't help myself, I was eating it right out of the can.....Delicious!!!

Adapted from the recipe of:  http://comfortablydomestic.com/2013/04/29/crockpot-dulce-de-leche/

Enjoy,

Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment