Thursday, February 13, 2014

Crochet Plarn and Yarn Scrubbies or Coasters



I love making these!!!!!

They are crocheted scrubbies made from plastic grocery bags and worsted yarn.  

I use them to clean my dishware, pots and pans.  Problem is they last forever....I currently have one that is three years old and it just won't give up.  

I occasionally pop it in the washing machine to clean it or let it soak in a cleaning solution and let it air dry outside to get the freshness back into it.  Defiantly don't put them in the dryer or around any heated element.  
Some of them I use as coasters.  My daughter likes to use them on her metal arts that she designs and she can actually wear one out, but it takes her a long time and she is using a raw metal and chemicals.  

I am really getting overwhelmed with the grocery bags, and would like to offer the scrubbies, or whatever cleaver ideas you have use for them, For Sale.   

I just don't want the plastic bags to end up in the land fills.  I have white and brown plastic bags.  The yarn can be your choice in color to match your decor.  

These measure approximately 3 to 3 1/2" in diameter, it just depends on how thick I cut the grocery bag strips.  

Help me, help our environment!

The postage is free if shipped within the USA.  

If you are located somewhere other then the USA, message me before ordering so that I can calculate a shipping rate for you and you can make a more informed decision on whether to purchase.  


For One Scrubbie
Plastic Bag Color
Yarn Color



Have a great day or evening, wherever you may be,

Debra


No comments:

Post a Comment