Monday, May 5, 2014

Overnight No-Cook Refrigerator Oatmeal

 
It's becoming the first topic of discussion when I walk into work, as to weather my lunch made the full trip.  I can't help myself.  I'm just not hungry for breakfast until about half way to work and my lunch starts calling my name. 
 
My lunch bag either shows up empty or half full. 
 
The whole purpose of packing a lunch is it is less expensive and probably healthier than pulling into a fast food drive through. 
 
I decided I finally needed to resolve this issue and try out a new recipe that I can make ahead of time.
 
Overnight No-Cook Refrigerator Oatmeal. 
 
 Ingredients:
 
Old Fashion Oats
Greek Yogurt
Milk
Fresh Fruit of your choice
 
You will also need one cup containers with lids.  The half pint mason jars work really well, but I am on the go, so I need something non-breakable.  I used the one cup Ziploc containers. 
 
 
 
Measure 1/4 cup of oats into each container.

 
 
 
Measure 1/3 cup of milk into each container.  I used 2%.


 
Measure 1/4 cup of Greek Yogurt into the container and mix well. 
 
 


 
 
Cut up your fresh fruit into smaller pieces.  I used one strawberry for each container.  This is personal preference. 


Mix well and place in refrigerator with lid for at least 8 hours. 



These last up to four days, so plan accordingly.

When ready to eat, you can add some more fresh fruit to the top. 


Enjoy,

Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment