Sunday, February 14, 2016

Crochet Double Single Potholder







 
 

The past year has been a difficult one and I am getting back on track and hope that I will be able to share some of my creations on a more regular basis. 








Trying to get out of my comfort zone, I have spent the past year reading vintage crochet books and practicing different stitch work.  Maria's simple cloth and all the different uses she came up with made me realize that I could take the swatches I have been working on and put them to good use.  You can find Maria's simple cloth and website here.






Below is my crochet double single crochet potholder with instructions on how I made it. 



F hook
Worsted yarn of your choice (I recommend cotton)

Written in American Terms


Chain 22

In second chain from hook, (insert hook into chain, yarn over hook, draw through 1 loop, yarn over hook, draw through 2 loops on hook to form 1 double single crochet, and continue in each chain across for a total of 20 double single crochets.

*Chain 2 and turn.  Work a total of 20 double single crochets in each previous round of double singles.*

Repeat between * until you have the length you desire.  I crocheted a total of 16 rows.
 
Chain 10 and slip stitch into the same stitch as the first chain made, fasten off and weave in ends. 

Happy Valentine's Day,

Debra


1 comment: