Sunday, September 14, 2014

Vintage Crochet Shell Edging Pattern Has Arrived

 
 
Hello Everyone!!!!!
 
I hope this finds you all in the best of health and spirits.  
 
I have released a vintage crochet edging pattern today.  This pattern can be found here
 
I really love kitchen hand towels, and my intentions were to pick up some flour sack towels and practice a little embroidery work.
 
I stopped in at the 99 cent store the other day and they had two of the below flour sack towels left, so I grabbed them.  What a deal!!!
 
Since I really don't have any room on the towels to do embroidery work, I still couldn't pass up the bargain and decided to work on some crochet edging. 
 
I have released a vintage crochet edging pattern today.  This pattern can be found here
 
This pattern will be so cute on guest towels, pillowcases, tops, etc. 
 
The pattern instructs to use tatting thread and a small needle. I used a size 10 tread and a size 8 (1.50 mm) steel crochet hook for the towel you see below.  I also bypassed Rnd 1 on the instructions. 
 
Instead of doing a blanket stitch across edge of the towels, I insert the hook at the very edge of one side, *chain four, insert the hook about 1/4" across from your first insert,on the top edge of towel, (depends on your tension),  and completed a single  crochet *, repeat until you have something similar to a blanket stitch across the edge of your towel.  I prefer these technique, because it produces a firmer fit for me, and the crochet work doesn't sag from the material. 
 
I am pleased with the results, and I now understand why one charges the amount they do for crochet edged towels. 
 
Beautiful results, and I have come to appreciate those that design and crochet edgings.
 
Now, if I can get myself to use the towel. 
 
 


 

 
Enjoy,
 
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment